Page of Rarities
N.B.: To directly access the book's descriptive page, please click on its title.
- Don Brennus Aléra, pseudonym of Roland Brévannes, La Flagellation passionnelle, Fred (1913) and Les Asservies (1929).
Extremely rare first editions of these classic novels of SM literature.
- Anonyme, att. to Pierre Dumarchey aka Pierre Mac Orlan, Le Masochisme en Amérique. Recueil des récits et impressions personnelles d'une victime du féminisme (1905).
Extremely rare, and almost impossible to find, first edition, limited to 500 copies, of the very first sadomasochistic work published anonymously by Pierre Mac Orlan in 1905 for Librairie d'amateurs. This text was reprinted with a short story La Petite marquise de Sade under the writer's real name, Pierre Dumarchey, by the publisher Jean Fort in 1910.
- Anonyme, Foreword by Pierre Guénolé, Brins de verges (1908), Au rouge vif (1909) and Le Cinglant argument (1909).
Beautiful works illustrated on the various practices of flagellation.
- Anonyme, La Flagellation chez les Jésuites, followed by the Premier essai de bibliographie sur la flagellation , (1912).
Rare and curious work on flagellation among Jesuits. Anticlerical pamphlet of the 18th century reedited at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Anonyme, Foreword by Herro, Mémoires de Miss Ophélia Cox (1892) and Anonyme, À la campagne, (ca. 1889).
Extremely rare editions published by A. Brancart in 1892 and ca. 1889. Those are French translations of With Rod and Bum, or sport in the West end of London (ca. 1890), by Ophelia Cox and Country Retirement; or How to pass Time pleasantly in a Manor House (ca. 1885).
- Lord Birchisgood, En 1592. Le Tour d'Europe d'un flagellant, Édition Parisienne, Roberts & Dardaillon, 1909.
Superb work, richly illustrated by P. Fusty which has become extremely rare.
Very rare German book richly illustrated, entirely devoted to the figure of the cruel woman.
A very rare early edition of this erotic book by Pierre Mac Orlan. The following editions do not reproduce all the illustrations and the many drawings from Louis Malteste of this edition.
A great edition wonderfully illustrated by Martin Van Maele.
- Félicité de Choiseul-Meuse, Amélie de Saint-Far , (1882); Entre chien et loup , (1894) and Julie, , (1882).
The countess of Choiseul-Meuse is one of a few women to write erotic novels in the 19th century.
Extremely rare edition published by A. Brancart ca. 1887. This is a French translation of Experimental Lecture (1878-79), by Colonel Spanker. The bibliophile Henry Spencer Ashbee gave the following description of this text: "This book, which we can fairly assert is the most coldly cruel and unblushingly indecent of any we have ever read, stands entirely alone in the English language."
This scarce book testifies of the anguish in the 19th century towards the women who can ruin men and their families.
While SM books are very popular in France at the beginning of the 20th century, they rarely talk about the flagellation of young boys (whereas one finds several of them about young girls).
E. D. is probably one of the most prolific writer of erotica of the 19th century, if all the works published under those initials really came from the same author, nonetheless the first editions and those published in the 19th century by A. Brancart and Bergé have became extremely rare and sought-after.
Our text is certainly not the first edition but most probably one of the numerous clandestine editions from the end of the 19th century. In any case, this text remains rare and hard to find in any edition.
Very rare edition from the 1930s of this sadomasochistic work, with six illustrations.
- Jacques d'Icy, pseudonym of Louis Malteste, Châtie bien (1916-19), Fifi l'Arpète (1922) and Les Mains chéries , (1929).
Beautiful editions of this rare text that is one of the first (in 1908) to deal with fetishism and forced transvestism or feminization. Superb photogravures by Del Giglio for the first edition and engravings by G. Smit for the second.
Beautiful edition of this text published by Jean Fort under the name Aux Galants Passe-temps. This work is remarquable by its large format, the quality of its paper and mostly the esthetic of its illustrations by P. Beloti.
Rare text of SM literature illustrated by René Giffey. Strangely enough, no copies are available at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France nor at the British Library of London. The only copy we could find is at the Kinsey Institute Library of Indiana, but unfortunately lacking the plates. We were fortunate to find this copy complete, including a loose page with a color illustration.
- Momas, Alphonse, under the pseudonyms of Abel, Caïn d' for Prostituées mondaines (1902), Fuckwell for L'Amoureuse de jeunes garçons (ca.1905), and Le Nismois for Association de demi-vierges (1899), L'Auberge Cornemuse (1891), Genèse d'une fille galante and the sequel Impressions d'une fille under the pseudonym Léna de Mauregard..
Very rare editions of this prolific author of erotica in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Scarce and little known book on female sadism. Beautiful illustrations.
Extremely rare book in a very limited edition (350 copies) with splendid reproductions by Achille Devéria.
Beautiful edition of this little known book illustrated by Radiguet.
Wonderfully illustrated with 10 color engravings attributed to Rojan.
The books of this author are extremely rare. This edition has an illustration (vignette) on the back cover.
- Claude de Saint-Hieble, pseudonym of Pierre Dumarchey aka Pierre Mac Orlan, L'Instrument des apothicaires (1920).
The first editions of the erotic works by Pierre Mac Orlan are rare and this book is particularly curious due to the subject which it tackles (enema). Illustrated by Martin Van Maele.
Extremely rare first edition of this classic novel of SM literature published by Select Bibliothèque at the beginning of the 20th century.
Extremely rare first edition of this work illustred by Carlo.
Beautiful edition of this classic of SM literature illustrated by G. Topfer.
All rights reserved © Biblio Curiosa 2006.